Honeyed Citrus Chicken
|Chicken||4 1⁄2 Pound (2 Kilogram, 4 Pound 8 Ounce)|
|Oranges||2 , cut into wedges|
|Tarragon sprig||3 (To Garnish)|
|Orange juice||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh tarragon||2 Tablespoon|
|Tarragon sprig||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Fat free fromage frais||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Stuffed olives||2 1⁄4 Ounce, chopped (60 Gram)|
1. Put the chicken on a cutting board with the breast downward. Cut through the bottom part of the carcass using poultry shears or heavy kitchen scissors, making sure not to cut right through to the breast bone below.
2. Rinse the chicken with cold water, drain, and place on a board with the skin side uppermost. Press the chicken flat, then cut off the leg ends.
3. Thread two long wooden skewers through the bird to keep it flat. Season the skin.
4. Mix all the marinade ingredients in a shallow, nonmetallic dish. Add the chicken. Cover and chill for 4 hours, turning the chicken several times.
5. To make the sauce, mix all the ingredients and season. Spoon into a serving dish, cover, and chill.
6. Transfer the chicken and marinade to a roasting pan, open out the chicken, and place skin-side downward. Tuck the orange wedges around the chicken and roast in a preheated oven, 400°F/200°C, for 25 minutes. Turn the chicken over and roast for another 20-30 minutes. Baste until the chicken is browned and the juices run clear when pierced with a skewer. Garnish with tarragon and serve with the sauce.