Lime Glazed Grilled Chicken with Tomato Avocado Salad
|Halved cherry tomatoes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (2 Cups Red And 1 Cup Yellow)|
|Scallions||3 , chopped|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Fresh lime juice||5 Tablespoon|
|Jalapeno pepper||1⁄2 , seeded and minced (Wear Gloves When Handling To Prevent Irritation)|
|Avocado||10 Ounce, pitted peeled and cut into 1/2 inch dice (1 Small, Florida Variety)|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||20 Ounce (4 Pieces, 5 Ounce Each)|
|Vegetable oil/Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Apple jelly||2 Tablespoon|
1. Spray the grill rack or a ridged grill pan with nonstick spray; prepare the grill or set the grill pan over medium-high heat.
2. Toss the red and yellow tomatoes, scallions, cilantro, 3 tablespoons of the lime juice, the jalapeno pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of the salt, and the sugar in a large bowl. Add the avocado and gently toss to combine.
3. Brush the chicken all over with the oil; sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and the pepper.
4. To prepare the lime glaze, microwave the jelly with the remaining 2 tablespoons lime juice in a microwavable glass cup measure on High until it just reaches a boil, 30-40 seconds.
5. Grill the chicken 4 minutes per side. Then brush the chicken with the glaze and continue grilling, brushing frequently, until browned and cooked through, 2-4 minutes more.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1387 Calories from Fat 467
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 55 g84.4%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 328.9 mg109.6%
Sodium 2702.6 mg112.6%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 28.9 g115.6%
Sugars 34.6 g
Protein 145 g289.7%
Vitamin A 166.5% Vitamin C 353.5%
Calcium 29% Iron 41.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet