Spinach Cheese and Prosciutto Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts||16 Ounce (4 Breasts, 4 Ounce Each)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Prosciutto||2 Ounce (4 Slices, 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Smoked provolone||2 Ounce (4 Slices, 1/2 Ounce Each)|
|Spinach leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To form pocket, cut each chicken breast horizontally almost to the opposite edge. Fold back top half of breast; sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper. Place 1 slice prosciutto, 1 slice provolone and 1/4 cup spinach on each chicken breast. Fold top half of breasts over filling.
3. Spread 3 tablespoons flour on plate. Holding chicken breast closed, coat in flour; shake off excess. Lightly sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
4. Heat oil and butter in large skillet over medium heat. Place chicken in skillet; cook about 4 minutes on each side or until browned.
5. Transfer chicken to shallow baking dish. Bake in oven 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
6. Whisk chicken broth and cream into remaining 1 tablespoon flour in small bowl. Pour chicken broth mixture into same skillet; heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes. Spoon sauce onto serving plates; top with chicken breasts.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1374 Calories from Fat 548
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g96%
Saturated Fat 26 g129.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 396.9 mg132.3%
Sodium 2778 mg115.7%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.3%
Sugars 1.4 g
Protein 142 g283.6%
Vitamin A 81.4% Vitamin C 24.4%
Calcium 51.3% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet