Tomato, Basil & Broccoli Chicken
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||4|
|Rice a roni||7 Ounce (Chicken flavor)|
|Dried basil leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Broccoli flowerets||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, seeded and chopped|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||4 Ounce (1 Cup)|
1. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, if desired.
2. In large skillet, melt margarine over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 2 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from skillet; set aside, reserving drippings. Keep warm.
3. In same skillet, saute rice-vermicelli mix in reserved drippings over medium heat until vermicelli is golden brown. Stir in 2 1/2 cups water, contents of seasoning packet and basil. Place chicken over rice mixture; bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Cover; reduce heat. Simmer 15 minutes. Top with broccoli and tomato.
5. Cover; continue to simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and chicken is no longer pink in center. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand a few minutes before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1832 Calories from Fat 601
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 68 g105.3%
Saturated Fat 22.4 g111.9%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 488.6 mg162.9%
Sodium 2738.9 mg114.1%
Total Carbohydrates 99 g33.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.1 g20.5%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 200 g399.4%
Vitamin A 164.3% Vitamin C 297.4%
Calcium 83.6% Iron 59.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet