Chicken Pochero is a type of stew composed of chicken, sausage, vegetables, plantains, and tomatoes. The harmonious collaboration of different flavors makes this dish extra special.
2 Pound, cut into serving pieces
1⁄2 , quartered
1 Bunch (100 gm) (Pechay)
10 Ounce, cleaned and ends trimmed
1 Medium, cubed
2 Large, sliced (Saba / Use 1 Large Plantain Banana)
Chorizo sausage/Chinese sausage
3 , sliced thinly
1 Large, diced
1 Medium, diced
8 Ounce (1 Small Can)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Heat oil in the pot and fry the banana until color turns golden brown. Once done, set the bananas aside
2. Put in the chorizo in the same pot and fry for about 3 to 5 minutes then set aside
3. Sauté the garlic, onion, and tomato
4. Add the Chicken and cook for 5 minutes
5. Add the fish sauce, tomato sauce, and whole pepper corn and mix well
6. Add the water and simmer until meat is tender
7. Put-in the fried chorizo, fried banana, potato, and garbanzos and simmer for 7 minutes
8. Add the cabbage, long green beans and simmer for 5 minutes
9. Add the bok choy and turn off the heat. Cover the pot for 5 minutes to cook the bokchoy
10. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!
This video is a creation of panlasangpinoy. You can visit panlasangpinoy for complete recipes, and more videos.
Filipino chicken pochero recipe video has a very interesting recipe stored in it. Even though the video is in Filipino, one is sure to get hooked to it by the variety of ingredients used. If you are a real foodie, then replicating the dish would not be very difficult by just watching the video. One may not end up with the exact dish but the dish is sure to be mouth watering.