Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Chopped fresh mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound (4 Breast Halves)|
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine 2 tablespoons of the butter, mushrooms, onions, celery and marjoram. Cover with lid; microwave on high 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once during cooking. Stir in 1/2 cup of the stuffing mix until blended; set aside.
2. With flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Divide stuffing among breast halves. Roll up chicken from short end, jelly-roll fashion. Secure with wooden toothpicks if needed.
3. In small bowl, beat egg and milk. In pie plate, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups stuffing mix and paprika. Dip rolled breasts in egg mixture, then in stuffing mixture. Place chicken, seam-side down, in 12- by 8-inch microwave- safe baking dish.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over chicken.
5. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high 8 minutes or until chicken is nearly done, rotating dish once during cooking. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.