Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breasts
|Chopped fresh mushrooms||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped celery||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried marjoram leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Herb seasoned stuffing mix||2 Cup (32 tbs), coarsely crushed|
|Boneless, skinless chicken breast halves||1 Pound (4 Breast Halves)|
1. In 2-quart microwave-safe casserole, combine 2 tablespoons of the butter, mushrooms, onions, celery and marjoram. Cover with lid; microwave on high 4 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once during cooking. Stir in 1/2 cup of the stuffing mix until blended; set aside.
2. With flat side of meat mallet, pound chicken to 1/4-inch thickness. Divide stuffing among breast halves. Roll up chicken from short end, jelly-roll fashion. Secure with wooden toothpicks if needed.
3. In small bowl, beat egg and milk. In pie plate, combine remaining 1 1/2 cups stuffing mix and paprika. Dip rolled breasts in egg mixture, then in stuffing mixture. Place chicken, seam-side down, in 12- by 8-inch microwave- safe baking dish.
4. Place remaining 2 tablespoons butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high 30 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over chicken.
5. Cover with waxed paper; microwave on high 8 minutes or until chicken is nearly done, rotating dish once during cooking. Let stand, covered, 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1288 Calories from Fat 542
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 63 g96.8%
Saturated Fat 34.6 g173%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 606.6 mg202.2%
Sodium 931.3 mg38.8%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.4%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 124 g247.5%
Vitamin A 133% Vitamin C 57.6%
Calcium 32.4% Iron 60.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet