Baked Lemon Chicken
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Broiler fryer||1 , cut up|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the salt and tarragon in a plastic bag. Shake the chicken in flour to coat; tap off excess.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Coat chicken on all sides in melted butter or margarine, then turn pieces skin-side up.
3. Bake in moderate oven (375°), brushing often with pan drippings, for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make lemon baste: Mix lemon juice, instant minced onion, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces with part of the lemon baste.
5. Bake, brushing occasionally with remaining lemon baste, 30 minutes longer, or until the chicken is tender.