Baked Lemon Chicken
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Tarragon leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Broiler fryer||1 , cut up|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Instant minced onion||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
1. Combine flour, 1 teaspoon of the salt and tarragon in a plastic bag. Shake the chicken in flour to coat; tap off excess.
2. Melt the butter or margarine in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Coat chicken on all sides in melted butter or margarine, then turn pieces skin-side up.
3. Bake in moderate oven (375°), brushing often with pan drippings, for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, make lemon baste: Mix lemon juice, instant minced onion, garlic, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper in a small bowl. Brush chicken pieces with part of the lemon baste.
5. Bake, brushing occasionally with remaining lemon baste, 30 minutes longer, or until the chicken is tender.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3974 Calories from Fat 2448
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 273 g419.3%
Saturated Fat 93.7 g468.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1245.9 mg415.3%
Sodium 3489.9 mg145.4%
Total Carbohydrates 74 g24.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 288 g575.5%
Vitamin A 74.6% Vitamin C 109.1%
Calcium 26.1% Iron 100.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet