Chicken Breasts Mandalay
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Apricots||5 Ounce (1 Jar Baby Pack)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
1. Line a 10-cup baking dish with heavy-duty foil; allow enough overlap to cover food and seal tightly.
2. Skin and halve chicken breasts.
3. Shake with mixture of flour, curry powder and salt in a plastic bag to coat lightly.
4. Brown pieces in oil in a large skillet; place in baking dish.
5. Stir sugar, instant beef broth or bouillon cubes, onion, water, apricots, lemon juice and soy sauce into drippings in skillet; bring to boiling, crushing bouillon cubes, if used, with a spoon. Pour over chicken in dish. Cool; cover with overlap foil; seal tightly. Label, date and freeze. When food is frozen, remove baking dish, leaving foil package in freezer.
6. To cook, remove foil from the frozen food and return to same baking dish; cover.
7. Bake in moderate oven (350°) for 1 hour and 45 minutes, or until the chicken is tender and sauce is bubbly-hot.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1719 Calories from Fat 591
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 67 g102.9%
Saturated Fat 10 g50%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 399 mg133%
Sodium 4909.6 mg204.6%
Total Carbohydrates 106 g35.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.5 g58.1%
Sugars 42.7 g
Protein 172 g343.1%
Vitamin A 60.7% Vitamin C 101.7%
Calcium 25.1% Iron 71.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet