1. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminium foil.
2. Stuff the chickens with onion pieces, and place them on can holders to make them stand.
3. Sprinkle the chickens with onion and garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, rub and massage the chicken and spread the spices evenly.
4. Place the chickens on a baking pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Next day, soak the mesquite wood chips in water for 30 minutes.
7. In a piece of aluminium foil, wrap the mesquite wood chips and poke small holes in the foil.
8. Place the mesquite chip bundle over the burners, holes side down and place the chicken pan on grill.
9. Cover the grill and cook for about 1 hour or the internal temperature reaches to 170 F.
10. Remove the pan from the grill and rest the chicken for 10 minutes.
11. Carve the chicken and serve hot.
Things You Will Need
mesquite wood chips soaked in water for 30 minutes, aluminum foil
If you have been drooling on the delicious looking rotisserie chicken at restaurants, it’s time for you to make them at home and relish. Dave is making Grilled rotisserie chicken using chicken cooker. He is spicing up the whole chicken with garlic powder, onion powder and Italian Seasoning after stuffing the whole chicken with chunks of onion. Place in preheated oven and forget it for 1 hour.