Rotisserie Chicken on the Grill
|Whole chicken||2 (about 2 pounds each)|
|Onions||2 , cut in chunks|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Italian seasoning||To Taste|
1. Line a shallow baking pan with aluminium foil.
2. Stuff the chickens with onion pieces, and place them on can holders to make them stand.
3. Sprinkle the chickens with onion and garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, rub and massage the chicken and spread the spices evenly.
4. Place the chickens on a baking pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.
5. Preheat the grill.
6. Next day, soak the mesquite wood chips in water for 30 minutes.
7. In a piece of aluminium foil, wrap the mesquite wood chips and poke small holes in the foil.
8. Place the mesquite chip bundle over the burners, holes side down and place the chicken pan on grill.
9. Cover the grill and cook for about 1 hour or the internal temperature reaches to 170 F.
10. Remove the pan from the grill and rest the chicken for 10 minutes.
11. Carve the chicken and serve hot.
Calories 821 Calories from Fat 510
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 57 g87%
Saturated Fat 16.2 g80.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 281.2 mg93.7%
Sodium 329 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 70 g140.3%
Vitamin A 10.5% Vitamin C 14.3%
Calcium 5% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet