1. In a bowl of water, soak the hickory chips for about 10 to 30 minutes.
2. Wrap the hickory chips in aluminium foil and make 2 small packets.
3. Turn the grill burners up side down and place the hickory packets on the burner and close the grill lid and allow to smoke.
4. In a grill pan, arrange the chicken breasts and sprinkle with salt, pepper, Italian seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder, on both the sides.
5. Place the grill pan, on the grill , close the lid and allow to smoke for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
If you want to serve something different for your next party, try Hickory Chips Smoked Chicken. Dave is turning out simple chicken breasts into a deliciously flavored dish using a simple technique, grilling chicken with hickory chips. All you need is go shopping for the hickory chips and you can find the rest in your kitchen cabinet. Why wait for the party, try it for yourself and have a blast.