Flavored Chicken A La King
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||2 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced cooked chicken||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced pimiento||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned sliced mushrooms||4 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
1. Melt the butter or margarine in medium-size saucepan.
2. Blend in flour, onion, salt and the Worcestershire sauce; cook, stirring constantly, until bubbly; stir in milk.
3. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and bubbles 3 minutes.
4. Stir in the chicken, pimiento and the mushrooms and liquid; heat thoroughly.
5. Serve over hot buttered rice or toast, if desired.