Crusty Deviled Chicken
|Broiler fryer chicken||8 Pound, halved, with backbone removed (4 Birds, About 2 Pound Each)|
|Flavored bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Use Packaged Variety)|
|Monosodium glutamate||1 Teaspoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
About 2 hours before supper:
1. Wash, clean, and dry chicken halves. On wax paper, combine crumbs, monosodium glutamate, and pepper.
2. In shallow dish blend cream, mustard, and Worcestershire.
3. Start heating oven to 350Â°F.
4. Dip each chicken half well in cream mixture. Lift out; let drip a second, immediately lay on crumb mixture; then turn to coat well. Arrange, side by side, in 2 greased, foil-lined shallow baking pans.
5. Bake 1 hour, or until tender, alternating pans; then brush with butter.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 9374 Calories from Fat 6047
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 674 g1036.8%
Saturated Fat 233.3 g1166.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3109.9 mg1036.6%
Sodium 6629.6 mg276.2%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.7 g26.6%
Sugars 8.2 g
Protein 698 g1396.4%
Vitamin A 183.3% Vitamin C 107.2%
Calcium 81.4% Iron 218.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet