Crispy Baked Almond Chicken
|Chicken pieces/Legs /breasts||3 Pound (1.5 kg, 4 pieces)|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sweet butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), melted|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sliced almonds||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fine dry breadcrumbs||3 Tablespoon|
|Soft sweet butter||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
2. Dredge chicken with flour. Combine melted butter, celery salt, paprika, salt, curry powder, oregano and pepper. Coat chicken with seasoned butter.
3. In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken in a single layer. Sprinkle with almonds, cover and bake in oven for 45 minutes. Uncover.
4. Pour pan drippings into a bowl. Skim off fat. Combine 1/4 cup (50 ml) drippings and sour cream; mix well. Pour sour cream mixture over chicken.
5. Mix soft butter into breadcrumbs. Sprinkle over sour cream. Bake, uncovered, 10 minutes longer, until almonds and crumbs are brown and chicken is tender.