Chicken Lollipops Vibs Favorite
|Refined flour||4 1⁄2 Ounce (Maida, 3/4 Tea Cup)|
|Cooking oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Enough For Deep Fry)|
|Chicken leg||16 (Drumsticks, Skinless Leg)|
|Garlic paste||10 Teaspoon (With 8-10 Cloves)|
|Chili paste||2 Teaspoon (Red Chili)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|White pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Ajinomoto||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Monosodium Glutamate)|
|Spring onions||4 , chopped (Green, 4 Sprigs)|
|Corn starch||4 1⁄2 Ounce (3/4 Tea Cup)|
• Wash and clean the chicken wings and drain the water from the pieces.
• To give a 'lollipop' effect, remove the thin layer of flesh and pull the flesh to one end of the thick bone.
• These lollipop shaped chicken pieces are available in the supermarkets or ask the butcher to do it for you.
• Mix in the marinade ingredients (garlic paste, red chilly paste, Soya sauce, vinegar, Ajinomoto, white pepper powder, chopped spring onion greens and salt) in a bowl and add the chicken leg.
• Marinate for about two hours. As the chicken pieces get marinated, mix the refined flour, cornstarch, eggs, salt, one teaspoon of chilly paste and enough water to make a thick batter in a another bowl. Rest the batter for 15 - 20 minutes.
• Heat sufficient oil in a wok, dip the chicken wings in the batter and deep fry for 3 to 4 minutes, on a medium flame, until golden brown and crisp. Drain the oil and serve hot.
• Note: To make the red chilly paste, immerse about 7/8 dry red chilies in water for about 5 minutes before it is made into a paste.
• Garnish with lemon wedge.