Sesame Baked Chicken
2 1/2 cups buttermilk
3/4 cup sweet butter, melted
2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups fine dry breadcrumbs
1/2 cup sesame seeds
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1. In a shallow baking dish, arrange chicken pieces. Pour buttermilk over chicken. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Next morning, pour off buttermilk and pat chicken dry.
2. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 450°F (220°C).
3. In a shallow dish, combine butter, lemon juice and garlic. In another dish combine breadcrumbs, sesame seeds, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
4. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in breadcrumb mixture to coat each piece well. Arrange chicken in a single layer in baking pan. Drizzle any remaining butter over chicken.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°F (180°C) and continue to bake, basting occasionally with drippings, for 1 hour, until golden brown and tender.