Roast Chicken With Spicy Mushrooms
|Chicken||3 1⁄4 Pound (1.5 Kilogram)|
|Virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Coarsely ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For spicy mushrooms|
|Virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely diced|
|Colored peppercorns||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Closed cap mushrooms||10 , sliced|
|Chopped fresh coriander||2 Tablespoon|
|Red chili||1 , chopped|
|Low fat creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F / gas 5. Cut the chicken into quarters. Brush all over with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Place the chicken in a heatproof dish and roast for 35-40 minutes, basting once or twice.
3. Meanwhile, make the spicy mushrooms: heat the olive oil for 20-30 seconds over a moderate heat. Fry the onion, bay leaf and peppercorns in this for about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the ground coriander, black pepper, turmeric and salt to taste. Return the pan to the heat and fry the spices for a further 30 seconds.
4. Stir in the mushrooms, half the fresh coriander and the red chilli and stir-fry for another minute. Pour in the creme fraiche, blend it in with all the other ingredients and warm through for about 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
5. Allow the roast chicken to sit in a warm place for about 5 minutes after it comes out of the oven, then cut it into pieces and arrange them on a warmed serving dish (add any juices from the bird to the mushrooms). Remove the skin if you really want to keep the fat and calorie count down.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3318 Calories from Fat 1912
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 211 g324.3%
Saturated Fat 50.6 g252.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 987.7 mg329.2%
Sodium 1378.7 mg57.4%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g9.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.5 g37.9%
Sugars 11.6 g
Protein 309 g618.5%
Vitamin A 73.1% Vitamin C 64.6%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 88.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet