Glazed Cornish Hens
|For wild rice stuffing|
|Frozen rock cornish hens||6 Pound, thawed (4 In Number, 1 1/2 Pounds Each)|
|Cold water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Spicy jelly glaze||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Teaspoon (If Desired)|
1. Prepare Wild Rice Stuffing. Heat oven to 425°F.
2. Remove giblets from inside of each hen; discard giblets or reserve for another use. Rinse hens with cold water; drain on paper toweling. Stuff body cavity of each hen with 1/2 cup of the Wild Rice Stuffing; place remaining stuffing in greased 1 -quart baking dish. Pour broth over stuffing in dish; cover and reserve.
3. Close body of each hen with metal skewers. Tie legs of each hen together. Rub hens with salt and pepper; brush outside of each with 1 tablespoon of the melted butter. Place hens, breast-side up, in shallow roasting pan. Add 1/4 cup water to pan.
4. Roast until hens are tender, about 1 hour. Baste hens with remaining butter every 15 minutes during roasting. While hens are roasting, prepare Spiced Jelly Glaze.
5. About 25 minutes before hens are done, place reserved stuffing in oven; bake, covered, until done, 20 to 25 minutes.
6. Place hens on serving plates; brush with glaze. Garnish hens with parsley and pass remaining glaze.