Filipino Chicken Afritada
|Chicken||2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Potato||1 Large, quartered|
|Carrot||1 Large, sliced|
|Bell pepper||1 Large, sliced|
|Green peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce|
|Garlic cloves||4 , minced|
|Hotdogs||4 , sliced|
|Onion||1 Medium, diced|
|Chicken broth/Chicken stock||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Dried bay leaves||2|
|Granulated white sugar||1 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||4 Tablespoon|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Pour-in cooking oil in a cooking pot or casserole then apply heat.
2. Pan-fry the chicken until the color turns light brown (about 3 minutes per side).
3. Remove the chicken from the cooking pot.
4. On the same cooking pot, sauté garlic and onions.
5. Put-in the sliced hotdogs and pan-fried chicken then cook for a minute.
6. Pour-in tomato sauce and chicken stock then add bay leaves. Simmer for 30 to 40 minutes.
7. Add the potato and carrots then simmer for 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
8. Put-in the bell pepper, green peas, salt, sugar, and ground black pepper then cook for 3 minutes more.
9. Turn-off heat then transfer to a serving plate.
10. Serve with steamed rice. Share and enjoy!
Calories 588 Calories from Fat 333
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.2%
Saturated Fat 10.4 g52.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 120 mg40%
Sodium 649.7 mg27.1%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 8.1 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 53.5% Vitamin C 87.9%
Calcium 6% Iron 17.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet