Easy Microwave Roasted Chicken
|Chicken||5 Pound, roasting|
1. Remove giblets from chicken and wash chicken. (It is recommended that giblets be cooked conventionally.)
2. Secure openings of chicken with wooden picks or poultry pins. If poultry pins are used, do not allow them to touch one another or side of oven. Cover ends of wings and legs of chicken with aluminum foil.
3. Place chicken, breast side down, on roast rack set in a 2-quart glass baking dish. Cover chicken with waxed paper. Cook in microwave oven 28 minutes at ROAST.
4. Remove foil and turn chicken over. Insert Temperature Probe in thickest part of breast.
5. Cook covered in microwave oven set at 170°F and at ROAST, or cook for an additional 28 minutes at ROAST (total cooking time is approximately 11 minutes per pound).
6. Cover chicken with foil and allow to stand at room temperature 15 to 20 minutes for heat to equalize; during this time internal temperature will rise.