Gizzard refers to a part of the digestive track of fowls; this is also sometimes called muscular stomach. Chicken gizzards have established a place in different cuisines around the world. Two of the most common method of cooking gizzards are grilling and frying. This post is all about Fried Chicken Gizzards. I’ll be making another post for the grilled chicken gizzard or what we call “Inihaw na Balun-balunan”.
2 Pound, boiled until tender
Ground black pepper
All purpose flour
1 Cup (16 tbs)
2 Cup (32 tbs)
2 , beaten
1. In a bowl, combine chicken gizzard, garlic powder, soy sauce, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
2. Marinate the gizzards for at least 1 hour.
3. Combine flour and chili powder then mix until well incorporated. Set aside.
4. Heat a clean cooking pot and pour-in cooking oil.
5. Dip the marinated chicken gizzard into the beaten egg then dredge in the flour mixture.
6. Deep fry the gizzards until the color turns golden brown.
7. Remove the deep-fried gizzard from the cooking pot and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels. This will absorb excess oil.
8. Arrange in a serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.