Filipino Chicken Asado
|Chicken||2 Pound, cut into serving pieces|
|Lemon juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomato sauce||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Large, diced|
|Dried bay leaves||2|
|Potatoes||2 Large, quartered|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooking oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1. Rub the chicken with salt and pepper and let stand for at least 30 minutes.
2. Heat a frying pan then pour-in the cooking oil and Pan Fry the chicken. Set aside.
3. Heat a cooking pot or wok then put-in the butter.
4. When the butter is hot enough, add the onions and sauté until the texture becomes soft.
5. Add-in the bay leaves and cook for a minute.
6. Pour-in the tomato sauce and bring to a boil.
7. Add the soy sauce and lemon juice then stir to ensure that the mixture is properly distributed and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
8. Add the pan-fried chicken and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Place the potatoes in and continue to simmer for 7 to 12 minutes.
10. Turn off the heat then transfer to a serving plate and serve.
11. Share and enjoy!