Ginger And Lemon Chicken
|Skinless boneless chicken pieces/Null||8 Ounce (225 Gram)|
|Plain low fat yogurt/Null||4 Fluid Ounce (125 Milliliter, Runny Type)|
|Lemon juice/Null||2 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Ginger pulp/Null||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Finely crushed dried red chilies/Null||1 Teaspoon, crushed (Null)|
|Ground coriander/Null||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Turmeric/Null||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Null)|
|Salt/Null||To Taste (Null)|
|Fat free fromage frais/Null||4 1⁄2 Ounce (125 Grams)|
|Corn oil/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Bay leaf/Null||1 (Null)|
|Peppercorns/Null||10 (Red And Green)|
|Green cardamom pods/Null||3 (Null)|
|Chopped fresh coriander/Null||1 Tablespoon (Null)|
|Coriander sprigs/Null||3 (Fresh Ones, For The Garnish)|
|Cherry tomatoes/Null||8 , halved (For The Garnish)|
|Shredded ginger/Null||1 Tablespoon (For The Garnish)|
1. Cut the chicken into cubes and set aside. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, blend together the yoghurt, lemon juice, ginger, dried crushed red chillies, ground coriander, turmeric, salt to taste and the fromage frais. Mix everything together well and set aside
2. In a frying pan, heat the oil with the bay leaf, peppercorns and cardamoms over a moderate heat for about 2 minutes until aromatic. Pour in the yoghurt mixture and cook for about 1 minute.
3. Add the cubes of chicken, lower the heat and cook for 7-10 minutes, stirring and checking occasionally to ensure it hasn't caught on the bottom of the pan.
4. Add the fresh coriander and stir for about 2 minutes, then transfer to a warmed serving dish.
5. Garnish with the coriander sprigs, the tomatoes and shredded ginger.