Sweet N Sour Chicken Thigh Legs
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup orange juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
2 tbsps rice vinegar
3 tbsps low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsps honey
1 cup onion, chopped
1 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp fresh minced ginger
1 green bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch strips
To make the Sauce.
1. In a medium microwave safe bowl add everything except the chicken and poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir well until blended.
2. Cook, covered on 100% power 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice:cover and set aside.
3. Cooking the chicken - In a 12x8-inch microwave-safe baking dish, place chicken in a single layer with the thicker pieces on the ends. Season with salt, pepper and seasoning.
4. Cook covered, on 100% power for 10 minutes, rearranging once.
5. Discard drippings.
6. Spoon the sauce over the chicken pieces.
7. Cook on 100% power 6-8 minutes, until chicken juices run clear, rearranging once.
8. Serve with cooked rice or noodles.
You can substitute the orange juice with pineapple juice and add pineapple chunks too if you like.