Rich Chicken Hot Pot
|Roasting chicken||3 Pound (1.4 Kilogram, Oven Ready)|
|Onions||2 Medium, skinned|
|Canned butter beans||15 1⁄2 Ounce (439 Gram)|
|Jacket potatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound, peeled and sliced (700 Gram)|
|Chicken stock||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Tomato puree||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish)|
1. Remove all the flesh from the chicken and discard the skin and bone. Dice it into 2.5 cm (1 inch) pieces, including any scraps.
2. Layer up the chicken, onions and drained beans with one-third of the potatoes in a 2.4 litre (4 1/2 pint) ovenproof casserole, seasoning each layer well with salt and pepper.
3. Mix the stock with the mustard and tomato puree and pour the mixture into the dish. Overlap the rest of the potatoes neatly on top and dot with the butter.
4. Cover the dish with a lid or with cling film, pulling back one corner to vent. Microwave on HIGH for about 10 minutes until the stock comes to the boil. Reduce the setting and microwave on LOW for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes and chicken are cooked.
5. Brown the hot-pot under a hot grill, sprinkle parsley over the top and serve.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4374 Calories from Fat 2224
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 247 g380.3%
Saturated Fat 78.5 g392.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1065.1 mg355%
Sodium 2642.5 mg110.1%
Total Carbohydrates 227 g75.7%
Dietary Fiber 47 g188%
Sugars 31.9 g
Protein 291 g582.3%
Vitamin A 77% Vitamin C 87.9%
Calcium 27.2% Iron 92.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet