Oven Baked Chicken Nuggets
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Parsley sprigs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat bread slices/White bread slices||4 (Preferably Stale)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||2 Tablespoon, chilled|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||1 Pound|
1. Preheat the oven to 425°.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
3. To make the breading, peel the garlic cloves and place them in a food processor or blender. Process until finely chopped. Add the parsley and process until finely chopped.
4. Tear the bread into small pieces and add it to the parsley mixture in the processor, then add the Parmesan, onion powder, pepper and salt, and process, pulsing the machine on and off, until the bread is coarsely crumbed.
5. Cut the margarine into small pieces and add it to the processor. Process until the margarine is completely incorporated. Transfer the breading to a paper or plastic bag.
6. Cut the chicken into 1-inch cubes. In a medium-size bowl, beat the egg white. Add the chicken and stir to moisten well.
7. Drain the chicken cubes in a colander, then place them in the bag of breading and shake until well coated.
8. Place the chicken nuggets on the prepared baking sheet, leaving space between them, and bake them 12 to 15 minutes, or until crisp.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1205 Calories from Fat 384
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.4%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 290.5 mg96.8%
Sodium 1929.7 mg80.4%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.7%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 134 g268.4%
Vitamin A 51.6% Vitamin C 49.5%
Calcium 62.3% Iron 52.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet