Fried chicken has always been a top favorite. I like fried chicken and I want to try the best fried chicken recipes around. My mission is to try all the fried chicken recipes that claim to be the best and share them with you, our loyal followers and friends.
2 Pound, cut into serving pieces
2 Cup (32 tbs)
All purpose flour
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Ground black pepper
Extra virgin olive oil
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. Combine chicken and buttermilk in a large mixing bowl then mix well.
2. Place the mixture inside the fridge and marinade overnight.
3. Combine flour, salt, and ground black pepper then mix well.
4. Dredge the marinated chicken in the flour mixture then set aside.
5. Heat a frying pan and pour-in olive oil.
6. When the oil is hot enough, pan fry the chicken for 3 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer the semi-fried chicken in a baking tray.
7. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
8. Bake the semi-fried chicken for 30 minutes then reduce the heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue baking for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Turn off the oven and transfer the chicken to a serving plate.
If you like fried chicken this recipe is going to please you a lot. In this Filipino video, chef makes fried chicken after marinating in buttermilk which gives a nice zip to the chicken. You can definitely try this recipe as exact measurements are not required but for the frying and baking time you will have to use your experience to make the dish successfully.