Marsala Style Chicken
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Fat free less sodium chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Dry marsala wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Chopped thyme||2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mushrooms||8 Ounce (1 Package Of Pre Sliced Variety)|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Place chicken between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Cut into 2-inch pieces.
2. Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal and shake to coat.
3. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until done. Remove chicken from pan; keep warm.
4. Combine broth and next 6 ingredients in a small bowl.
5. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add mushrooms; saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add broth mixture; bring to a boil. Cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly. Stir in butter. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with parsley.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1339 Calories from Fat 251
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.7%
Saturated Fat 11.2 g56.1%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 426.9 mg142.3%
Sodium 2497.5 mg104.1%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 4.9 g
Protein 176 g351.2%
Vitamin A 45.2% Vitamin C 89.5%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 67.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet