Roast Chicken Paprika
|Roasting chicken||5 Pound (1 Piece, 4 To 5 Pound)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Carrot||1 , cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Onion||1 Small, cut into quarters|
|Celery stalk||1 , cut into 2-inch pieces|
|Chicken broth/Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Hot buttered noodles/Hot buttered rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Heat oven to 375°F. Rub outside of chicken and inside body cavity with the 2 tablespoons sour cream, 3 teaspoons of the paprika and the salt. Place carrot, onion and celery inside body cavity; ties legs together.
2. Place chicken, breast-side up, on rack in shallow roasting pan. Add 3 tablespoons water to pan. Roast until chicken is tender and drumstick meat feels soft when pressed with fingers, 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Baste chicken with pan juices 3 times during roasting.
3. Remove chicken from pan and keep warm while preparing gravy. Strain pan drippings; skim off fat. Add enough broth to drippings to measure 1/2 cup.
4. Mix cornstarch, remaining 1 teaspoon paprika and 2 tablespoons of the broth mixture in small saucepan; blend in remaining broth. Cook mixture over medium heat, stirring, until mixture boils. Cook, stirring, until thick, about 1 minute.
5. Gradually stir 2 tablespoons of the hot mixture into the 1/2 cup sour cream; slowly stir sour cream into hot mixture. Remove from heat. Place chicken on serving platter; remove string from legs.