Oven Fried Chicken Tenders With Honey Mustard
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, lightly beaten|
|Fat free saltine crackers||24 , coarsely crushed|
|Salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Chicken breast tenders||1 Pound|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Fat free honey dijon salad dressing||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag.
3. Combine buttermilk and egg in a pie plate or shallow bowl, stir well with a whisk.
4. Combine cracker crumbs, paprika, and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a shallow dish, stir well.
5. Sprinkle chicken tenders with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Add chicken to flour mixture, seal bag, and shake to coat. Remove chicken from flour mixture, shaking off excess flour,-discard flour mixture. Dip chicken in buttermilk mixture, and dredge in cracker crumb mixture.
6. Pour oil in center of a jelly roll pan, and place in a 450° oven for 3 minutes or until hot. Remove from oven, spread hot oil over baking sheet with a spatula. Immediately place chicken in hot oil. Coat top sides of chicken with cooking spray.
7. Bake at 450° for 12 minutes or until done.