Chicken Scallopini With Peppers
|Skinless boneless chicken breast halves||1 Pound (4 Pieces)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Red bell pepper||1 , cut into 1/4 inch wide strips|
|Green bell pepper||1 , cut into 1/4 inch wide strips|
|Yellow bell pepper||1 , cut into 1/4 inch wide strips|
|Dry white wine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Low sodium chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1. Halve the lemon and slice one half; squeeze 1 tablespoon of juice from the other half.
2. Cut the chicken breasts in half crosswise and pound gently to flatten them. Sprinkle the chicken with flour, salt and pepper, and pat in the coating.
3. Heat the oil and garlic in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until the oil is hot but not smoking. Discard the garlic. Add a single layer of chicken pieces to the skillet, increase the heat to high and saute about 1 minute on each side, or until golden brown. Transfer the cooked chicken to a platter and cover loosely to keep warm. Saute the remaining chicken and transfer it to the platter.
4. Add the peppers, wine and lemon juice to the skillet, and cook, covered, over medium-low heat 5 minutes, or until the peppers are slightly softened. Uncover and cook over high heat 5 minutes to reduce the sauce to about 2 tablespoons.
5. Stir together the stock and cornstarch, then stir this mixture into the sauce. Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute. Stir in the parsley. Pour the sauce and peppers over the chicken and garnish with the reserved lemon slices.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1037 Calories from Fat 247
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.9%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 263.1 mg87.7%
Sodium 844.6 mg35.2%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.7 g42.9%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 116 g231.3%
Vitamin A 122.9% Vitamin C 976.1%
Calcium 17.3% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet