Roast Chicken With Rosemary Butter
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, minced|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Fresh rosemary/2 teaspoons dried rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken||3 Pound, rinsed and patted dry|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||To Taste|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. If using vertical roaster, place rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine garlic, butter, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper in processor or blender and mix well (lemon may not blend in completely).
3. Stuff mixture under skin of chicken in breast and thigh areas.
4. Rub skin with cut lemon and sprinkle with paprika. Set on vertical roaster (or on rack) in shallow roasting pan.
5. Add water to pan and roast chicken 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven to 375°F and continue roasting until chicken is done (allow about 15 minutes to the pound if using vertical roaster or about 20 minutes to the pound if using regular rack).