Roast Chicken With Rosemary Butter
|Garlic cloves||1 Small, minced|
|Unsalted butter||3 Tablespoon (At Room Temperature)|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Fresh rosemary/2 teaspoons dried rosemary||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chicken||3 Pound, rinsed and patted dry|
|Sweet hungarian paprika||To Taste|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. If using vertical roaster, place rack in lowest position and preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine garlic, butter, lemon juice, rosemary, salt and pepper in processor or blender and mix well (lemon may not blend in completely).
3. Stuff mixture under skin of chicken in breast and thigh areas.
4. Rub skin with cut lemon and sprinkle with paprika. Set on vertical roaster (or on rack) in shallow roasting pan.
5. Add water to pan and roast chicken 15 minutes.
6. Reduce oven to 375°F and continue roasting until chicken is done (allow about 15 minutes to the pound if using vertical roaster or about 20 minutes to the pound if using regular rack).
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2918 Calories from Fat 1697
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 189 g291.1%
Saturated Fat 67 g335.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1008.5 mg336.2%
Sodium 1385.3 mg57.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.2%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 279 g557%
Vitamin A 67.5% Vitamin C 124.6%
Calcium 31.8% Iron 75.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet