Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
|Chicken wings/About 4 1/4 pounds chicken drumettes||5 Pound|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Grated lemon peel||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried peppercorns||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon, coarsely ground (Black / Green / Pink / A Combination)|
1. Cut chicken wings apart at joints; reserve tips for other uses. Rinse wings (or drumettes) and place in a single layer in 2 pans, each 10 by 15 inches.
2. Bake in a 400° oven until well browned, about 1 hour and 10 minutes (about 50 minutes in a convection oven); turn pieces occasionally with a wide spatula, and switch pan positions halfway through cooking.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together lemon juice, honey, thyme, lemon peel, and ground peppercorns.
4. Drain and discard fat from chicken wings. Consolidate the wings in 1 pan. Pour the lemon juice mixture over wings and turn pieces with spatula to mix well.
5. Return chicken to oven and bake until sauce thickens and sticks to wings, 12 to 15 minutes, turning pieces often and scraping pan to release any browned bits.
6. Place wings in a chafing dish or on a platter. Add salt to taste. Keep chafing dish warm over a flame, or put platter on an electric warming tray.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3084 Calories from Fat 727
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g124%
Saturated Fat 21.4 g107.1%
Trans Fat 1.6 g
Cholesterol 1292.8 mg430.9%
Sodium 2229.8 mg92.9%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g9.9%
Sugars 39.2 g
Protein 499 g998.3%
Vitamin A 30% Vitamin C 124.6%
Calcium 38.3% Iron 138.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet