Baked Crispy Chicken
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed bran flakes/Corn flakes||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Medium boneless chicken pieces||3 Pound|
1. Line a medium sized baking pan with aluminum foil and grease it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix Flour, whole wheat flour, garlic powder (You can use finely chopped garlic instead) and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the egg whites and buttermilk.
4. Make a separate mixture of crushed cereals and sesame (Till) seeds.
5. Dip the medium sized Chicken pieces first in the flour, then the egg mixture and then the cereal mixture
6. Place in the lined baking tray and bake. After 50 to 60 min..voila!!you have your baked crispy chicken!
TIP: Ensure that the pieces are not crowded, as it will not bake well if crowded. If needed, bake in two batches.