Baked Crispy Chicken
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Low fat buttermilk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Crushed bran flakes/Corn flakes||4 1⁄2 Cup (72 tbs)|
|Sesame seeds||4 Tablespoon|
|Medium boneless chicken pieces||3 Pound|
1. Line a medium sized baking pan with aluminum foil and grease it. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix Flour, whole wheat flour, garlic powder (You can use finely chopped garlic instead) and season the mixture with salt and pepper.
3. Beat the egg whites and buttermilk.
4. Make a separate mixture of crushed cereals and sesame (Till) seeds.
5. Dip the medium sized Chicken pieces first in the flour, then the egg mixture and then the cereal mixture
6. Place in the lined baking tray and bake. After 50 to 60 min..voila!!you have your baked crispy chicken!
TIP: Ensure that the pieces are not crowded, as it will not bake well if crowded. If needed, bake in two batches.
Calories 967 Calories from Fat 167
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g34.7%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 180 mg60%
Sodium 1821 mg75.9%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g51.9%
Dietary Fiber 32 g128.1%
Sugars 30.2 g
Protein 58 g116.4%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0.13%
Calcium 29.9% Iron 55.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet