Grilled chicken topped with a creamy cherry puree with a bit of a kick.
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), pitted
2 Cup (32 tbs)
Hot chili oil
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Chicken breast boneless skinless
1. In a pan, put the pitted cherries and white wine.
2. Bring it to boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool completely.
3. In a food processor, put the reduced cherry and white wine and blend till pureed.
4. Set the oven to broiling or preheat the grill.
5. In a pan on low heat, pour the cherry puree. Add salt, hot chilli oil and cream.
6. Stir well to mix and let all ingredients get incorporated.
7. Place the chicken breast on a baking tray.
8. Using a brush, spread the cherry sauce generously over one side and broil it for 12 minutes.
9. Remove from oven, flip the breasts and spread the sauce on the other side.
10. Resume broiling for few more minutes till the chicken is done.
11. Remove from the oven and let it sit for a few minutes.
12. In a serving plate, arrange the chicken breast and spread the remaining sauce over it. Serve it warm with choice of side dish.
Who would have thought that fresh cherries can work wonders not only for desserts but also in savory dishes? I guess Robin did and here she is creating one such savory recipe using fresh cherry puree. The sauce is served with chicken which can either be grilled or broiled. What's the wait for, go ahead and watch the video.