Chicken Pot Pie
|Pie crusts||15 Ounce, refrigerated, softened (As Directed On The Box)|
|Green onion||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||10 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), shredded|
|Frozen mixed vegetables||2 Cup (32 tbs), thawed|
1) Heat oven to 425°F. Fit pie crust into 9-inch glass pie plate.
2) In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium heat.
3) Add onion; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender.
4) Stir in flour, salt and pepper until well blended.
5) Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6) Gradually stir in chicken broth and milk, cooking and stirring until bubbly and thickened.
7) Stir in chicken and thawed mixed vegetables.
8) Remove from heat.
9) Spoon chicken mixture into crust-lined pie plate.
10) Top with second crust; seal edge and flute. Cut slits in several places in top crust.
11) Cover crust edge with 2- to 3-inch-wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning; remove foil during last 15 minutes of baking.
12) Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes before serving.
Calories 420 Calories from Fat 194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.1%
Saturated Fat 7.8 g38.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 36 mg12%
Sodium 515.7 mg21.5%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 1 g
Protein 15 g30.4%
Vitamin A 42% Vitamin C 8.7%
Calcium 4% Iron 9.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet