Curried Chicken With Chutney
|Garlic powder||To Taste|
|Onion powder||To Taste|
|Mango chutney||25 1⁄2 Ounce (3 Jars, 8 1/2 Ounces Each)|
|Canned chicken broth||14 1⁄2 Ounce, fat removed (1 Can)|
1) Under cold running water, rinse the chicken breasts and pat dry.
2) In a roasting pan, arrange the chicken bone side up.
3) Dredge each chicken breast lightly with garlic powder and heavily with onion powder.
4) Massage 1/2 teaspoon of curry powder thoroughly onto each chicken breast.
5) Place the chicken in pan.
6) Smear mango chutney equally over the seasoned chicken.
7) If desired cover and refrigerate the chicken until 1 hour before serving, so the chicken marinates well.
8) Preheat the oven to 325°F.
9) Stream 1/3 to 1/2 can of chicken broth over the chicken to dilute chutney.
10) Place the pan in the oven and roast, uncovered for 45 to 60 minutes.
11) Stream in more broth while cooking, if necessary.
12) Take the pan out of oven and set oven control to broil.
13) Baste the liquid from the chutney and chicken broth, including pieces of mango, over the chicken.
14) Place the pan back in oven and broil on top rack for 1 to 2 minutes until skin is crisp and chutney glaze darkens.
15) Serve hot with steamed rice and garnish with chopped parsley if desired.