Picante Chicken On Saffron Rice
|Mild picante sauce||1 Can (10 oz) (1 Can, Pace Brand)|
|Chicken breasts||4 , boned and skinned|
|Lemon herb seasoning||1 Teaspoon (Mrs Dash Brand)|
|Rice mix||5 Ounce (1 Package, Mahatma Saffron)|
|Crisco oil||3 Tablespoon|
1) Grease a glass baking dish with oil.
2) Spread half of the picante sauce on the base of the dish.
3) Arrange the chicken breasts on sauce.
4) Stream the remaining picante sauce over the chicken in a thick layer.
5) Dredge generously with lemon-herb seasoning.
6) Using plastic wrap cover the top of the baking dish and make a slit in center.
7) Allow to marinate the chicken to 5 minutes or overnight in refrigerator.
8) Place the baking dish in microwave and cook on medium-high power 4 to 5 minutes per breast.
9) In a pot cook the rice and instructed in the packet instructions.
10) Serve the chicken hot over bed of steamed rice.