Cashewed Chicken is an Oriental dish that definitely fits the Filipino Palate. Thinly sliced chicken breast is coated with egg and cornstarch then stir fried until crispy and golden brown. An array of colors brought about by the different vegetables makes this dish more appealing. Let€™s not forget the roasted cashew nuts that adds flavor and texture to the dish.
Try this Cashewed Chicken Recipe.
Boneless chicken breast
1 Pound, cut into thin slices
1 Pound, beaten
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1 , sliced
Red bell pepper
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into strips
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cut into bite sized pieces
Cooking rice wine
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sliced
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
1. Beat the egg and pour-over the chicken then mix well until properly distributed
2. Heat the pan and pour the cooking oil
3. Dip the chicken (coated with egg) in corn starch and stir fry until the color of the chicken turns golden brown. Set aside
4. In the same pan, add some cooking oil and allow to heat-up
5. Stir-fry the onion, red bell pepper, and broccoli
6. Add the cooking rice wine, soy sauce, and oyster sauce then allow to cook for a few minutes
7. Add the stir-fried chicken and cook for 2 minutes while mixing with the rest of the ingredients
8. Add the cashew nuts,green onion, salt, and ground black pepper
9. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy!