Crespelle With Chicken And Almonds
|Chicken breasts||2 , skinned, boned, and halved|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice Of 1/2 Lemon)|
|Butter||11 1⁄2 Teaspoon (3 1/2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Rich)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Fontina cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Slivered almonds||3 Tablespoon|
|Dry vermouth||1 Tablespoon|
|Ricotta||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly grated parmesan cheese||6 Tablespoon|
|Minced parsley||3 Tablespoon|
|Minced lemon zest||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare crespelle. Place chicken in bowl, and add lemon juice. Toss well; let stand 10 to 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Melt 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter in a saucepan, and add the onion. Cook, stirring, until the onion is softened. Sprinkle with flour, and cook for 2 minutes, stirring with a wire whisk. Slowly add stock; stir rapidly. When thick and smooth, add half the cream. Simmer 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add fontina; add salt and pepper to taste.
3. Melt 1 teaspoon of butter in a small iron skillet (or some other suitable oven pan), and add the almonds in 1 layer. Place in oven and bake, shaking the skillet and stirring the almonds until they are golden brown. Remove and cool. Do not turn the oven off.
4. Drain the chicken pieces, pat them dry, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet, and add the chicken. Brown on both sides quickly (about 3 to 4 minutes); remove. Add vermouth and cook about 30 seconds, stirring. Pour drippings into a bowl.
5. Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes and add to the bowl. Add one quarter of the cheese sauce, almonds, remaining cream, egg, ricotta, 4 tablespoons of parmesan cheese, and chopped parsley. Blend well.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spoon an equal amount of the chicken mixture down the center of each crespo; roll to enclose the filling. Select a large baking dish. Spoon enough sauce into the dish to cover the bottom, then arrange the crespelle over the sauce, and cover with a second layer of sauce. Cover the dish with foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until bubbling. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and glaze under the broiler. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and serve hot.