|Whole chicken||1 Medium (Skinned Capon)|
|For the stuffing|
|Raisin bread||1 Medium, chopped into small cubes (Whole loaf used)|
|Butter||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 - 2 cups butter)|
|V8 juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cream of potato soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chopped walnuts||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|For seasoning the capon|
|Ale||2 Teaspoon (As needed to drizzle over the stuffed capon)|
|Onion powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Take a whole loaf of raisin bread and cut the entire loaf into small cubes.
3. Take a large mixing bowl and combine all the ingredients for the stuffing.
4. Stuff this prepared mixture into the whole capon.
5. Drizzle the capon with a little ale and season with onion powder, parsley flakes, salt, pepper and lemon pepper.
6. Place the stuffed capon in a baking pan, cover with aluminium foil and roast in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
7. Serve for a Thanksgiving meal.
2. Aluminium foil to cover the stuffed capon
Calories 1048 Calories from Fat 776
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 88 g135.7%
Saturated Fat 22.8 g114%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 232.5 mg77.5%
Sodium 360.6 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.3 g29.1%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 48 g96.5%
Vitamin A 31.4% Vitamin C 23.6%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 26.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet