Fried Parmesan Chicken
|Flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Ground black pepper||2 Teaspoon, divided|
|Parmigiano reggiano cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), grated|
|Breadcrumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken breast boneless skinless||3|
|Mozzarella cheese slices||6|
|Canola oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|For the sauce|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Tomatoes can||28 Ounce|
|Fresh basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Grate the parmigiano reggiano cheese and mince the garlic, set aside.
2. Using a meat mallet, pound the chicken breast until they are thin.
3. In a container combine flour and ground black pepper and in another container combine breadcrumbs and ground black pepper.
4. In a small bowl beat the eggs, set aside.
5. Preheat the oven to 350-375 degree, only after the last chicken breast is about to be ready.
6. In a bowl combine tomato, garlic, oregano and thyme, bring it to a boil and then lower the heat and simmer it until the chicken is ready, sprinkle some basil leaves towards the end.
7. In another pot boil water to warm the cooked spaghetti.
8. Preheat the large frying pan with oil.
9. Once the chicken is ready dip it in egg and the coat it with flour and breadcrumbs.
10. Place the chicken in the pan and fry them for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked and brown on both the sides.
11. Once done place it on a plate with paper towel, place the mozzarella cheese on top.
12. Place the chicken on a baking tray and place the chicken on top, bake it in the oven for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
13. In the meantime warm the cooked spaghetti in the boiling water for few seconds, drain.
14. Remove and place the chicken and pasta on the serving plate, pour the sauce over the pasta, garnish with olives, fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
15. Serve the parmesan chicken hot.
Small and medium pot
Calories 752 Calories from Fat 202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35%
Saturated Fat 10.3 g51.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 174.6 mg58.2%
Sodium 987 mg41.1%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.8 g31.4%
Sugars 1.8 g
Protein 58 g115.6%
Vitamin A 44.6% Vitamin C 40.5%
Calcium 56.5% Iron 53.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet