Premium Coq Au Vin
|Broiler fryer chicken||5 Pound|
|White onions||12 Small|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (Peeled)|
|Red wine||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1 Pound, sliced|
1. Wash chickens and pat dry.
2. Combine flour, salt and pepper. Coat chicken pieces with flour mixture.
3. Melt butter in a skillet, using a conventional stove. Lightly brown chicken pieces on all sides.
4 Place browned chicken pieces in a deep 3-quart non-metallic casserole.
5. Brown onions lightly in skillet and set aside.
6. Pour brandy into skillet, scraping pan to loosen any browned particles.
7. Add brandy mixture to chicken in casserole. Add garlic, bay leaf, celery and red wine.
8. Heat, covered, in Microwave Oven 10 (13) minutes, stirring occasionally.
9. Add mushrooms and heat, uncovered, an additional 4 (5) minutes or until chicken and onions are tender.
10. Remove garlic, bay leaf and celery pieces.
11 If sauce is not thick enough, it may be thickened with a little flour mixed with cold water. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven an extra 1 to 2 minutes if flour mixture is added.