Lemon chicken recipe is quite simple, tasty and can be accompanied well with white steamed rice
700 Gram, thinly sliced
Black pepper powder
8 Tablespoon (Add in a second time)
2 , lightly beaten
1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)
Chicken stock powder
1 1⁄2 Tablespoon
Fresh coriander leaves
1 Teaspoon (Optional)
1 , sliced (For Garnish)
1. Season chicken breast with salt and black pepper powder.
2. Add in 3 tbsp. of cornstarch and mix well.
3. Slightly beat eggs, pour on chicken and mix thoroughly.
4. Add extra 8 tbsp. of cornstarch and mix until chicken is well coated.
5. In a large pan or wok, heat sunflower oil and fry chicken until done.
6. Strain chicken and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess of oil.
7. Prepare sauce: mix water, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chicken stock powder and cornstarch.
8. Remove oil from pan/wok, add butter and roast garlic until golden.
9. Pour in sauce mixture and cook at low heat until thickens.
10. Add chicken and let simmer for 1 minute.
11. Before serving, sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves (leave some for decoration)
Here is part 2 of lemon chicken video series. In this section the chef provides simple instructions to fry the chicken and then combine it with awesome flavors of garlic and butter. Definitely an excellent preparation but better flow of instructions could have had a higher impact!