LEMON CHICKEN v2.0
|Chicken breast||700 Gram, thinly sliced|
|Black pepper powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cornstarch||8 Tablespoon (Add in a second time)|
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cooking oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||7 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock powder||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Fresh coriander leaves||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Lemon||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
1. Season chicken breast with salt and black pepper powder.
2. Add in 3 tbsp. of cornstarch and mix well.
3. Slightly beat eggs, pour on chicken and mix thoroughly.
4. Add extra 8 tbsp. of cornstarch and mix until chicken is well coated.
5. In a large pan or wok, heat sunflower oil and fry chicken until done.
6. Strain chicken and place on kitchen paper to absorb excess of oil.
7. Prepare sauce: mix water, soy sauce, lemon juice, brown sugar, chicken stock powder and cornstarch.
8. Remove oil from pan/wok, add butter and roast garlic until golden.
9. Pour in sauce mixture and cook at low heat until thickens.
10. Add chicken and let simmer for 1 minute.
11. Before serving, sprinkle with fresh coriander leaves (leave some for decoration)