Chicken Simmered In White Wine
|Carrots||2 Medium, trimmed and peeled|
|Leeks||2 Medium, cleaned and washed (Tender Parts Only)|
|Celery stalks||6 , trimmed and washed (Tender)|
|Seasoning salt||To Taste|
|Fresh ground pepper||To Taste|
|Dried tarragon||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Bay leaf||1 (Imported)|
|Fryer chicken||3 1⁄2 Pound, cut up|
|Dry white french vermouth/Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Clear chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Approximately)|
1. Cut the vegetables into 1 1/2-inch julienne strips.
2. Toss the vegetables with salt, pepper, tarragon, and bay leaf; strew a third of tihem in the bottom of the casserole.
3. Season the chicken pieces with salt and pepper, and bury them in layers with the rest of the vegetables. Pour in the wine and enough chicken broth barely to cover the chicken.
4. Bring to a simmer, cover, and simmer slowly for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the chicken is done (the legs and thighs are tender when pierced, and their juices run clear with no trace of rosy color). Let the chicken steep in its cooking liquid for 10 to 15 minutes before proceeding it will pick up flavor.
5. Degrease the liquid and remove the bay leaf. You may wish to peel the skin off the chicken pieces.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4045 Calories from Fat 2179
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 242 g371.9%
Saturated Fat 68.8 g344.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1190.6 mg396.9%
Sodium 2818.4 mg117.4%
Total Carbohydrates 107 g35.7%
Dietary Fiber 18 g71.8%
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 309 g617.6%
Vitamin A 662.7% Vitamin C 180.9%
Calcium 70.1% Iron 163.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet