The video conversion process has failed. You might want to submit a simpler video format like mpeg or divx avi. If the problem persists contact your website administrator. Please check logs for further debugging.
Unripe tamarind is sour and is suitable for savoury dishes such as tamarind chicken while the ripe fruits are sweeter, suitable for desserts.
1 Cup (16 tbs)
3 Steams, minced
4 Clove (20 gm)
1 Tablespoon, ground
Kaffir lime leaves
6 , shredded
1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground
1. Blend together the lemongrass, lime Kaffir leaves and garlic.
2. Add the onion and blend again to a smooth paste.
3. Add the tamarind puree and blend briefly until well mixed.
4. Transfer the mixture into a large-sized bowl and then add the sugar, coriander, black pepper and salt.
5. Mix altogether then add the chicken inside.
6. Massage the chicken skin and let it marinate for two hours, flipping it over once in a while.
7. Preheat oven at 200 °C (392 °F), place the chicken within the marinade in a baking layer and cook for one hour or until done, flip the chicken every 15 minutes for an even cooking.
Chicken is an all time favorite and what better when it is combined with tamarind to give it that perfect tangy taste. Watch the video for step by step instructions. This video is in Filipino language.