Roasted Chicken With Garlic Rosemary Potatoes And Onions
|Roaster chicken||1 (Whole)|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm)|
|Fresh rosemary sprigs/2 tablespoons dried rosemary||3|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|New potatoes||16 Small, halved / quartered|
|Red onions/Spanish onions||2 , cut in eighths, through the root|
|Kosher salt||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Preheat oven to 450° F.
2. Clean per Simple Roasted Chicken recipe
3. Place the garlic cloves in between the skin and flesh of the chicken. Sprinkle the inside cavity with half the rosemary and 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt, if desired. Sprinkle the skin with pepper and 1 teaspoon of the kosher salt, if desired.
4. Place on a flat roasting rack in a broiler pan.
5. In a bowl, combine the potatoes and onions, and sprinkle them with 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt, if desired, and the remaining rosemary. Place the combined ingredients on the rack in the pan, surrounding the chicken.
6. Cook for approximately 70 minutes (10 minutes per pound), or until internal temperature reaches 160° F. Do not baste.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3506 Calories from Fat 1503
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 167 g256.3%
Saturated Fat 47.6 g238.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1005 mg335%
Sodium 9077.4 mg378.2%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g51.9%
Dietary Fiber 25.5 g101.9%
Sugars 17.7 g
Protein 318 g636.2%
Vitamin A 33.3% Vitamin C 183.2%
Calcium 48% Iron 72.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet