Mushroom Stuffed Chicken And Julienned Celery
|Celery||1 1⁄4 Bunch (125 gm) (Or 1 Large Bunch)|
|Bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry sherry||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken thighs||8 Medium|
|Soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Chop 1 celery stalk; set aside. Cut remaining celery stalks crosswise in half, then cut length wise into matchstick-thin strips; set aside. Chop onion; mince mushrooms.
2. In 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, in 2 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook chopped celery, onion, and mushrooms until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Remove saucepan from heat; stir in bread crumbs, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1 tablespoon sherry.
3. With knife, remove bone from chicken thighs, leaving skin on and meat in one piece. With meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each thigh to about 1/4 inch thickness.
4. Preheat broiler if manufacturer directs. Onto center of each chicken thigh, place 1 heaping tablespoon mushroom mixture; fold narrow ends of chicken thighs over mushroom mixture, securing ends together with toothpicks. Place chicken thighs in broiling pan.
5. In cup, mix soy sauce, catchup, sugar, 2 tablespoons salad oil, and 1 tablespoon sherry. About 7 to 9 inches from source of heat (or with oven control set at 450°F.), broil thighs 15 to 20 minutes until tender, brushing with soy-sauce mixture and turning thighs once.
6. Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet over medium heat, in 3 tablespoons hot salad oil, cook celery strips and 1/4 teaspoon salt until tender. Discard toothpicks from thighs.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1001 Calories from Fat 230
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.4%
Saturated Fat 6.4 g32.1%
Trans Fat 0.6 g
Cholesterol 501.4 mg167.1%
Sodium 5302 mg220.9%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.4%
Dietary Fiber 7.5 g30%
Sugars 25.1 g
Protein 134 g268.3%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 19.7% Iron 56.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet