Eid special "CHICKEN CHARGHA"
|Skinless chicken||1 (without skin)|
|Fresh lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Vanaspati/Ghee||1 Tablespoon (for cooking)|
|Red chilli powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Garam masala powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Chat masala||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 Tablespoon|
1. In a large non-metallic bowl, combine all the dry ingredients.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and the egg and lemon juice and blend well.
3. Make small slashes in the chicken flesh with a knife.
3. Rub the marinade all over the chicken.
4. Cover bowl and let the chicken marinate for at least two hours or preferably overnight in the refrigerator.
5. In a large steamer, bring water to a boil.
6. Place a rack and then place chicken over it.
7. Steam the chicken for 25-30 min until the chicken is tender and cooked.
8. In a large pan, heat the oil on medium flame
9. Carefully place the chicken and fry it for 2 to 3 minutes per side, turning occasionally until golden brown. Stand away while frying and use a pair of tongs to turn.
10. Serve the chicken sprinkled with chat masala and accompany it with Raita or an Imli Chutney if you like.