Japanese Style Chicken Katsu
|Panko bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Garlic salt||To Taste|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canola oil||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ketchup||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shoyu||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper||1 Dash|
1) In a large dish, mix the flour, garlic salt, salt and pepper to taste together.
2) In a bowl, mix the eggs and grlic salt to taste together.
3) In a smaller dish, mix the Panko bread crumbs and garlic salt to taste together.
4) Halve the chicken breasts widthwise, dip each into the egg mixture, then dredge in the flour mixture, then in the egg again and coat in the bread crumbs.
5) In a skillet, heat the canola oil, fry the chicken for about 10 minutes or until evenly golden brown in colour, drain well.
6) In a bowl, combine all the Katsu Sauce ingredients and mix well.
7) Serve the chicken with the cooked rice, katsu sauce and egg salad.
Please See Video My Videos and recipes are also available on youtube. Pls click here to check out the channel on youtube.
Calories 1674 Calories from Fat 1076
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g186.9%
Saturated Fat 10.5 g52.6%
Trans Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 311.2 mg103.7%
Sodium 2899.4 mg120.8%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.7%
Sugars 37.1 g
Protein 56 g112.5%
Vitamin A 6.6% Vitamin C 4.1%
Calcium 6.2% Iron 28.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet