Chicken Breasts With Ham And Cheese On Escarole
|Chicken breast||1 Large, boned|
|Mozzarella cheese slice/Scamorza cheese slice||2|
|Prosciutto slices/2 slices cooked ham||4 (Thin)|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Oregano leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Thyme leaves||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Escarole head||1 Small, cut into bite sized pieces|
|Garlic powder||1 Dash|
1. Remove and discard skin from chicken breast. Cut chicken breast in half. With knife held parallel to work surface and starting from a long side of each breast half, slice horizontally, almost but not all the way through. Spread open to make butterflied breasts. With meat mallet or dull edge of French knife, pound each butterflied breast piece to 1/4-inch thickness.
2. On half of each butterflied breast, place cheese and prosciutto slices, folded together, to fit on top. Fold other half of butterflied breast over cheese and prosciutto; fasten edges with toothpicks.
3. In pie plate, mix flour, oregano, thyme, and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Coat filled chicken breasts with flour mixture.
4. In 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, in hot salad oil, cook filled chicken breasts until browned on both sides. Add water; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 15 minutes, until chicken is fork-tender.
5. When chicken is done, remove to platter; remove toothpicks; keep warm. In liquid remaining in skillet, over high heat, cook escarole, garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon salt until escarole is wilted and tender, stirring occasionally.